Monday, July 23, 2012

21-15-9 Shades of Games

I can't believe it's been over a fortnight since I last posted.  Confession:  my nose has been stuck in a certain trilogy and I'm embarrassed to say it has taken up some all of my spare time.  We won't mention which trilogy it was as this isn't that kind of blog.

So much as happened over the last 2 weeks.  Hello?!  CROSSFIT GAMES 2012!  Needless to say, I was glued to my laptop the entire weekend.  One of my favorites was when it was announced that the individual athletes would be participating in a mini triathlon and not only that but TWO WHOLE DAYS PRIOR TO WHEN THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO START!  Holy crapoly!  I can't even imagine.

A lot of the events this year were track based, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit as it showed a lot of diversity and allowed for anyone, small or large, to have a fighting chance.  The final event was my favorite.  A combination of the Girls.  Elizabeth, Isabel and Fran.  Oh Isabel, how I loathe thee yet these ladies and gents made it look like a walk in the park.  So jealous!


Here's a look at the female winner, Annie Thorisdottir and male winner, Rich Froning.  First two to ever win the Crossfit Games 2 years in a row consecutively.

http://games.crossfit.com/video/annie-thorisdottirs-victory

http://games.crossfit.com/video/froning-champion

If you have some spare time on your hands, google either one of these athletes because guaranteed, you will be motivated!

And don't forget - Strong people are harder to kill...and more useful in general. ~some random crossfitter.

Rock it out peeps!

B


No comments:

Post a Comment