Thursday, August 2, 2012

Certified callous care??

I want to start off this post with a huge CONGRATULATIONS to John, Mel & Crystal (Mitch will be certifying in Vegas in October) on getting their Level 1 certifications this past weekend in Minneapolis.  I so admire the dedication of our coaches. The time it takes and the amount of cash it takes to become certified is a big deal and I'm so thankful that we have them in our box.  Here's a picture of the class.  See if you can spot our ShopGymers.  I'm actually quite surprised the ladies aren't right beside Jason McDonald in the picture as it sounds like  he was demonstrating a lot for the ladies ;)


Ok, enough about that.  Down to bidnezz.  "Callouses!  I love them especially when they rip" said no one ever!  Yesterday's WOD of 15 DL then 8 rounds of 8 HSPU & 16 TTB followed up with a 15 DL chaser was an absolute killer on the hands.  I will admit that my hands are a little bit a lot a bit on the sensitive soft side.  Never had a callous rip in my entire life and yesterday I had one on each palm rip right off.  No big deal right?!  Until I put my hands into the bathtub last night.  Mother father, that was some serious acid-o-skinarama.  Jimeny crickets!  So here is a helpful video which we probably could've used prior to yesterday but whatever.  Better late then never I always say :)

Enjoy the tutorial on callous shaving.



Reason #39 on why we do what we do at ShopGym:  'Cause 60 minutes on the elliptical won't do you a damn good in a bar fight!

Peace my friends.

B

1 comment:

  1. I use weight lifting gloves....otherwise my eczema would kill me....great blog

    ReplyDelete