Thursday, August 20, 2015

Happy Birthday to my Incredible Hulk

Ok, ok I know his name is the Manitoba Bear, but an argument could be made that my beastly husband could conceivably be the Incredible Hulk.  I'll never tell.

But seriously, this guy...

What can I even say?  The MB has been my partner in crime for over 20 years now.  He is the most awesome person that I know.  As everyone at the box knows, my guy is a beast.  He never quits and is always game to throw down with anyone at any time.  There aren't a lot of people who can keep up with him in the box, and he kicks my ass in there every single day (unless it's pistols and handstands, then he's my b*tch (love you babe)).  In short, his work ethic is inspirational.  But he is also the most humble, kind, and gentle guy around.  He is the first person to offer encouragement to anyone still left on the floor or shout something motivational to someone just trying to get things done (usually me, dying in a corner).  He gets inspired by everyone at the box who comes day in and day out to grind it out and get things done. Even if you may not be the strongest or fastest,  it's the effort that counts to him (as he so often lets me know when I am disappointed with my performance).

This sweet man has encouraged me, supported me, talked me off the ledge, had my back, and been the world's greatest dad to my two girls (sorry to all the dads out there, but my guy is tops) for the past 22 years .  I can truly say that I would not be the confident, strong woman I am today without him.  He has ALWAYS given me his unwavering support to pretty much do whatever I wanted or be whatever I chose to and without him, I would not have accomplished a fraction of what I have today nor would I have ever had the courage to pursue this ShopGym gig full time.  I love you babe, you mean everything to me.  Happy birthday!

So in David's honour, I think this wod is fitting:

Warm Up:
Upper and lower body lift prep

WOD:
“The Incredible Hulk” -20 AMRAP- (115/75)
5 Deadlifts
5 Hang Cleans
5 Front Squats
5 Push Press
5 Back Squats

Rx2:  With a partner OR less weight

No comments:

Post a Comment